Idea and Paper Development Workshop in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Research
This course offers Ph.D. students in the fields of innovation and entrepreneurship a platform for the presentation and discussion of their research ideas, dissertation projects and working papers. Participants will present their work and will receive feedback from the audience and in form of a referee report from a fellow participant.
Participants are expected to make two contribution to the course. A contribution could be
1. Presentation of a seminal paper from the literature
2. Presentation of an own idea
3. A short paper (2500-3000 words)
4. A full length working paper (7000-10000 words)
It is expected that participants present at least one piece of their own work (idea, short paper, working paper). Short papers and working papers are expected to be sent to all participants 4 working days before they are discussed.
The seminar will be graded on a pass/fail basis. Participants who pass the course will receive a certificate (“Doktorandenseminarschein”) of the University of Wuppertal. To pass the course students are required to
- · Come prepared to all sessions
- · Actively participate in the discussions
- · Prepare questions on their short papers / working papers
- · Deliver presentations on their own ideas / papers from the literature of 20 min
- · Write a referee report (2-3 pages) on a fellow student’s work
First Meeting and Schedule
The course takes place on Tuesday from 16:00 – 18:00. In the introductory meeting on April 20th the lecturer will give a general overview of the course and give a short introduction into reviewing. During thr first meeting, we will also prepare the course schedule together.
The deadline for course registration is April 19th, 2021. To register, please write an e-mail including your matriculation number to the lecturer.
Prof. Dr. Christian Rupietta